Study in Fort Lauderdale, The United States
Study in Fort Lauderdale, The United StatesFor an amazing seaside experience to enhance your educational adventures, try out the coastal city of Fort Lauderdale. The ‘Venice of America,’ Fort Lauderdale is a beach town based in the southern state of Florida, United States. The city has no only attracted a multitude of five-star resorts, but a wide variety of higher educational institutions.
As with most major cities, Fort Lauderdale possesses a variety of community colleges, four-year institutions and universities. Several of these include specialty institutes, which give unique training programs in subjects like art or medicine. The campuses in Fort Lauderdale include a number of ‘satellite campuses’ – those that are associated with an institution located elsewhere in the country.
Students will enjoy a variety of pursuits and entertainments if they choose to study in Fort Lauderdale. There are several art centers and galleries for those inclined to cultural pursuits, as well as museums, parks and famous mansions. Activities for adventurous students include boating, swimming, bicycling, camping, basketball, or even a day trip to an amusement park. The sandy beaches, of course, are a most preferred destination.
Some considerations for future students of Fort Lauderdale include:
- Majority of courses taught in English.
- Humid climate.
- Somewhat infamous criminal reputation.
Major Fields of Study in Fort Lauderdale
Expect dozens of options when you choose to study at a school in Fort Lauderdale. The colleges of this Florida city do not specifically lean towards any one field, although it is common for students to attend some programs over others, due to their reputation and educational efficiency.
Out of the many courses individuals can select from, there are two main areas of study that are most prominent in Fort Lauderdale. The first is in the arts and humanities, thanks to the presence of a nationally acclaimed art institute. However, students are even more drawn to nursing and education programs, which are attainable through a variety of bachelor and master degree programs.
As a result, many students pursue the following studies in Fort Lauderdale:
- Technology and IT
- Health science, nursing and medicine
- Various art studies (digital, traditional, design, etc.)
Other popular subjects include business, management and various applied sciences. However, the schools in Fort Lauderdale are extremely diverse, and nearly any educational pursuit can be undertaken in the city’s institutions.
Schools of Fort Lauderdale
Many institutions in Fort Lauderdale offer special courses and hold awards for high achievements in certain programs. The following list displays some of the better-known, better-rated or more populated universities and colleges of Fort Lauderdale. These schools represent a small amount of the higher education studies in the city.
- The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale is a private college associated with a network of art institutes across the United States. It caters to many international students and provides some of the most efficient art training programs in the United States. It is widely acclaimed for its award-winning culinary school.
- The Broward College is a public college focusing in business and education degrees. Formerly a two-year community college, Broward recently expanded its courses along with many Florida schools. It offers online programs as well as courses for secondary school students.
- Florida Atlantic University (FAU) is a public research institute with a campus in Fort Lauderdale. It is ranked as one of the United States best colleges and provides multiple disciplines, although its most popular programs are in business, education health subjects.