Study in Gold Coast, Australia
Study in Gold Coast, AustraliaWhile you may not dig up any real gold when you arrive at Gold Coast, Australia, you will unearth a rich seaside experience and discover the tropical treats of Australia’s southeastern coast. Though the natives may have a reputation for easy-going, carefree lifestyles, the Gold Coast doesn’t ease up when it comes to a complete, comprehensive higher education experience.
Higher education schools in Gold Coast have a massive influx of international students. Their campuses harbor some of the most diverse ethnic, racial, cultural and religious student bodies in the world. In fact, the schools pride themselves in offering excellent educational programs, as well as an unforgettable student experience. Both- public and private universities are available for prospective students, who will find multiple disciplines and courses to choose from.
The warm climate and amiable people make student life on the Gold Coast one of a kind. It is one of the best places in all of Australia for individuals to pursue surfing lessons or take a whale-watching tour. Amusement and water parks abound across the coast, as do exciting nightclubs and bars. From the golden beaches to the authentic seafood restaurants, students will never have a moment of boredom on the Gold Coast.
Some other considerations for students traveling to the Gold Coast for education include:
- Majority of courses taught in English.
- Considered to have a sometimes dangerous nightlife.
Major Fields of Study in Gold Coast
When it comes to Gold Coast institutions, it is difficult to pinpoint the major fields of study that stand out among the rest. The schools, along with providing quality student entertainment, also offer a variety of courses, majors and programs at different degree levels. Future students seeking enrollment in Gold Coast schools can feel comfortable, knowing their preferred field is likely available.
The relaxed and culturally saturated atmosphere may lead individuals to believe that students enjoy cultural, historical or artistic studies on the Gold Coast. Astoundingly, the opposite is true. Much of the student body, regardless of the university they attend, pursue science and business studies. Many universities have separate nursing, medicine, law or business colleges that cater to these individuals.
Gold Coast students, then, seem to pursue the following studies most frequently:
- Social science
- Health science and medicine
However, this does not represent all students, and certainly does not encompass the all of the Gold Coast’s available studies. Research specific institutions for other courses; there are guaranteed to be corresponding studies on the Gold Coast!
Schools of Gold Coast
The universities of the Gold Coast are as rich and rewarding as the individuals who attend them. Below are a few of the most acclaimed universities on the Gold Coast. This list is an effective glimpse at the quality of higher education on the Gold Coast.
- Griffith University is a public institution and research university with an astoundingly diverse set of degree courses. With a total of five campuses across the nation, it is perhaps best known for being the first Australian university to offer courses in Asian studies and environmental studies.
- Central Queensland University is a public university that has an international campus in the Gold Coast. Originally an Institute of Technology, the university has multiple faculties in areas of are, business, education and other areas. The school also possesses a number of research institutes to support its programs.
- Bond University is a three-semester, private university that offers degree programs lasting a shorter length of time (typically 2 years for a bachelor). The courses focus in areas of business and law, along with some sciences. It ha one of the best student ratings of an Australian institution.