Study in La Rochelle, France
Study in La Rochelle, FranceDrift in to the harbor of La Rochelle to find a city rich with history, suspended in a state of constant bliss. The romantic metropolis of La Rochelle is truly a petit French city steeped in antique architecture and surrounded by scenic countryside. Lucky individuals who find themselves drawn to La Rochelle will blossom in body and mind, cultivating their intellects through the city’s top-quality institutions.
As far as quantity, La Rochelle does not top the list in universities. There is one main post-secondary school – the University of La Rochelle – and several smaller institutions typically specializing in certain academic areas. This does not mean, however, that educational options in La Rochelle are limited. There are thousands of students attending La Rochelle’s universities every year, studying everything from economics to history. International students will have different options than native French citizens, depending on the programs offered by the institutions and their required language-learning courses.
The ‘white city’ of France is called such because of the gorgeous, limestone-constructed architecture lining the coast – a must-see for students and tourists alike. Factor in several acclaimed museums and stunning cathedrals and the sights alone may be enough to keep you in La Rochelle for weeks. Preferred activities include sailing, swimming and adventurous island-hopping tour. Don’t forget to try the local seafood – it’s fresh, and some of the best in France.
Students attending school in La Rochelle should consider the following aspects of study before pursuing courses here:
- Majority of courses taught in French, some in English.
- Limited amount of higher education facilities.
Major Fields of Study in La Rochelle
Despite the fact that a large variety of coursework and majors is offered in the institutions, the universities of La Rochelle sway in some ways towards specific fields of study. These are mainly science and business fields, as opposed to arts and humanities. This is partially due to the specialty schools available in the area; there are no academies or colleges specializing in arts and humanities. However, there are universities focusing in business and engineering, as well as a huge selection of related coursework at the University of La Rochelle.
As a result, some of the major fields of study in La Rochelle include:
- Technology n
- Business and business management
Schools of La Rochelle
The following schools represent a majority of the institutions in La Rochelle, though there are a few other higher education facilities in the area. These schools hold a high reputation and permanent standing in La Rochelle.
- The University of La Rochelle is the largest university in the city and the most versatile in terms of offered programs. Exchange students and international programs, as well as foreign language courses, all find a home at the university. Out of its majors, there are more business, engineering and technology courses.
- The La Rochelle Business School is- as the name suggested, a higher education institution with a focus in business. The majority of its programs focus on international business; although degrees in tourism are also commonly offered. In fact, tourism is one area of extreme expertise at the school.
- The École d’Ingénieurs La Rochelle is an engineering school based in the city. It provides classroom learning alongside practical training. Students even participate in research projects and earn passage into career internships in fields of mechatronics, networking systems and industrial engineering.