Study in Le Mans, France
Study in Le Mans, FranceOne of the best-kept secrets in the nation, Le Mans is a fast-paced city that functions as a gateway between eastern and western France. This historically rich and culturally diverse town is a little known, but well-established French metropolis. Follow the sound of churning engines to find the spectacular, diverse and educationally blossoming town of Le Mans.
Even now, universities and other educational opportunities in Le Mans are actually fairly limited. The city is a passageway between different areas of France, as opposed to an iconic location like Paris or Marseille, so it is not often a prime location to set up higher education institutions. The institutes that do exist have glowing reputations and high enrollment rates.
There is only one main university in the Le Mans area. It is known as the University Le Mans or the University of Maine. Other schools in the area include secondary colleges, specialty schools or internationals schools. Several of these offer intensive training programs in engineering, design or other fields.
A major, unique aspect of Le Mans is its 24-hour sports race. Students can experience one of the general wonders of France in this car race – one of the world’s oldest endurance races. Automobile lovers will find a paradise in this city both during and after the race. There is more to the city, however, than this – especially scenically. The beautiful sites of historic Le Mans include medieval cathedrals and even areas of ancient Roman city. Experience local cuisine (like Le Mans’ famous pork dishes) before heading out for a drive yourself.
Other considerations for future students in Le Mans include:
- Majority of courses taught in French.
Major Fields of Study in Le Mans
Despite the University of Maine, many of the post-secondary schools in Le Mans will specialize in a certain area. This means that, even though the university offers a more varied amount of courses, students that pursue higher learning in Le Mans will usually have to select a certain specialty area. The most common of these will be in the arts, engineering or education, as those are the main courses offered by Le Mans schools. Only the university will provide a wider selection of coursework.
Students studying in Le Mans should, therefore, consider the fact that the following courses receive more popularity than others:
- Education (adult teacher training)
- Art and design
- Business and business management
Schools of Le Mans
The post-secondary schools in Le Mans usually specialize in certain areas. The institutions listed below not only represent the types of institutions in the area, but also showcase some of the most popular universities, international schools and specialty colleges available in Le Mans.
- The University of Maine, also known as the Universite du Main and the Universite le Mans is a public university with another campus in Laval. Its main focus is in training for future educators, social workers, health professionals and certain engineers. However, there is a wide range of available studies, from law to foreign literature.
- ISIALM (Institut Supérieur d’Ingénierie d’Affaires le Mans) is an engineering and business school. It provides many international programs and focuses on customer support, interaction and satisfaction. The course also includes an internship and essential experience in a study abroad program.
- ESBA (Ecole Superieure des Beaux-Arts du Mans) is a graduate school of fine arts located in Le Mans. It holds a number of renowned exhibitions of student work and offers evening courses to the public. The programs are based on credit earnings and students can study art subjects like photography and art history.