Study in Miami, The United States
Study in Miami, The United StatesMiami is sometimes best described as its own alien world. This tropical tip at the United States southern point of Florida, the city is teeming with multicultural brilliance and a unique sensual atmosphere. Miami brings the world to its doorstep, reeling in the benefits of international industries and boosting the city’s economic abundance. After reveling in the romantic, energetic heat of Miami, many a prospective student finds that beneath the luxurious surface rests one of the best available education systems in the country.
Like the rest of higher education systems in the United States, Miami offers a number of options for students pursuing post-secondary studies. Miami itself has one of the largest student bodies of any United States city. Universities (mostly private) offer undergraduate and graduate programs, while smaller colleges typically offer four-year bachelor degrees with some graduate studies. There are also community colleges providing two-year associate’s courses, as well as technical colleges, international schools and specialty schools focusing in specific subjects. Some organizations will also provide specific training courses for certain certifications, though these programs typically desire graduates to work for the organization at the completion of the study.
Miami is where students go to have fun. If they ever manage to tear themselves away from the perfect golden beaches and rolling Atlantic waves, students will find a massive number of art galleries, museums and outdoor parks to delight their senses. There’s a mixture of cuisines to try, but the highest recommended is the seafood. Individuals can then take a cruise of the nearby wetlands, drive a boat out on a day cruise, or even enjoy a game of golf on one of the city’s many courses.
Other considerations for students in Miami include:
- Majority of courses taught in English.
- Somewhat high crime rate.
- Sometimes a rowdy nightlife.
Major Fields of Study in Miami
Most of the universities and colleges in Miami offer comprehensive courses in a variety of programs. As an international and multicultural city, it makes sense that Miami would provide an equally diverse course set for its students. However, even the globally recognized Floridian city can’t escape the effects of reputation, and certain fields of study have managed to become more associated with the city of Miami.
Thanks to the existence of large universities with many programs, as well as institutions that specialize in certain educational and career fields, there are a few studies which can be considered more popular, respected and well-taught than others in Miami. Some of these studies are in:
- Legal studies and law
- Art and design
Many schools in Miami are also known for comprehensive courses in specific studies; for example, the culinary arts program at Johnson and Wales University. Other popular studies may include certain technological studies and education.
Schools of Miami
There are over a dozen universities and colleges in Miami. The following list demonstrates some of the most notable in the area, as well as outlining the types of institutions and what they may include in their facilities and programs.
- The Florida International University is a public university offering almost 300 majors. It has many colleges in business, medical studies and various sciences. The graduate programs receive a larger amount of attention than the undergraduate, and the school has placed campuses all over the world.
- The Miami International University of Art and Design is a private college with creative learning practices and available study courses in fine arts, design, graphic design, animation, media and much more. It offers workshops to the public and supports local community art projects.
- Manchester Business School is an international school (or ‘global center) originally from the United Kingdom. It offers a globally recognized mater’s program in many business studies. Many of the available courses are in the form of workshops. The school is known to aid students in their career paths as well.