Located in the country of Mexico, the Universidad Contemporánea, also known as Contemporary Prep, is an institution of learning that primarily serves higher secondary-age students. The school, which is one of the most renowned of its kind in the country, gives students all the knowledge and the skills they need to successfully apply to and begin earning a degree at one of Mexico’s universities. The institution also offers higher education courses for the more advanced students, giving them a head start on their university education.
The Universidad Contemporánea is home to roughly 1,200 students. To date, the school enrolls approximately 300 new students annually—students who learn from an educational model that allows them to develop all their abilities to the fullest and enhance their spirit of human transcendence.
Universidad Contemporánea: History Timeline
The Universidad Contemporánea recently celebrated its 25th anniversary as a higher secondary school academy. Below is a brief timeline outlining some of the major events and successes of the institution:
The Universidad Contemporánea opened its doors on August 23, 1989. The high school originally set up shop in facilities owned by the well-known Marist Brothers, known as “El Molino,” under the name of CUDEC.
On August 6, 1990, the new campus center opened at its current location, address: Ignacio Pérez No. 54 Sur, Col. Centro. Santiago de Querétaro, Qro. CP. 76000.
In 1994, the high school began offering higher education courses that the more advanced students can apply to their university education.
In the year 2000, the high school adopted its current name, Universidad Contemporánea, or the “University Center for Contemporary Education”
Universidad Contemporánea: Philosophy, Purpose, Vision
According to the Universidad Contemporánea’s very informative and useful website, the philosophy, purpose and vision of the school are as follows:
The philosophy of the Universidad Contemporánea is to promote the spirit of human importance to all students, faculty and staff and to positively transform the environment according to the highest ethical values.
The purpose of the Universidad Contemporánea is to contribute to the growth of all students and bring out their fullest potential.
The vision of the Universidad Contemporánea is that their students will one day transform Mexico into a first-world country by participating fully in all of the school’s programs and using what they learn to better their respective communities.
Universidad Contemporánea : Values
The Universidad Contemporánea bases everything it does according to five core values. These include:
- Honor their deepest beliefs;
- Always speak and act the truth;
- Refrain from taking what is not theirs, whether material goods or intellectual property;
- Openly accept the consequences of their actions, whether they have been successful or not;
- Respect their commitments and never offer what they cannot deliver.
- Learn all they can and apply what they have learned;
- Strive to transform their lives for the better;
- Dare to find new and better ways to be of service;
- Strive to change the world for the better.
- Surrender their hearts to everything that has meaning in their lives;
- Always pay attention to detail, no matter how minor;
- Act according to their hearts.
- Offer their finest talents, either as a leader or as a collaborator in service of a team pursuing a higher purpose;
- Share their talents and trust the talents of others;
- Strive to understand and appreciate the differences in others;
- Respect and celebrate diversity;
- Celebrate the achievements of others as if they were their own.
- Always strive to deliver more than what’s expected of them;
- Demonstrate their passion and willingness to serve;
- Treat people as they would like to be treated;
- Take every opportunity to build an unforgettable experience.
Universidad Contemporánea : Facilities
Universidad Contemporánea offers comfortable and state-of-the-art facilities to help ensure that its students develop academically and have everything they need to succeed. These facilities include:
- Contemporary classrooms equipped with projectors, screens and sound systems.
- Computer rooms, equipped with PC computers and high-speed internet access.
- Audiovisual rooms.
- Library with thousands of materials
- Teacher’s Lounge
- Science Lab
- Multipurpose Sports Facility
- Coffee Shop
- Nursing and Medical Facilities
- Wi-Fi Access throughout the campus
Why Study at the Universidad Contemporánea?
Founded in 1989 in the city of Querétaro, the Universidad Contemporánea has 25 years of experience under its belt and today it is the leading senior high school in the state, known far and wide for its quality and consistency in its educational offerings.
The Universidad Contemporánea offers students a comprehensive education that prepares them for the next stage of university education and readies them for life in general. The school’s unique educational model, which stresses not only academics but also human development, gives students the opportunity to use all of their skills while simultaneously overcoming their limitations to achieve their respective dreams.
- Business Administration
- Information Technology
- Hospitality, Leisure, Tourism and Travel
Type of studies: University Degree Programs, Graduate, Professional Programs
Language of instruction: Spanish
Location: Ignacio Pérez 54 Sur, Centro, Querétaro, Mexico, 76000
Telephone and Fax: Tel.: +52 (442) 1-96-14-00 Ext. 1410 Fax.: +52 (442) 1-96-14-00 Ext. 1110