Study in Liverpool, The United Kingdom
Study in Liverpool, The United KingdomMusic, sports and culture combine to form one of the United Kingdom’s most rocking, respectable and proud cities. Liverpool is a prominent star on England’s stage, brimming with passion, and filled with citizens ready to meet any challenge. This multicultural metropolis pours out literature, music and athletic talent while providing outstanding educational opportunities for enthusiastic students.
The city includes several universities in general studies, institutes majoring in certain fields and post-secondary schools in medicine, business and other subjects. Nearly all of the universities in Liverpool rank high on both national and international lists for the top higher education institutions – an impressive feat, considering the city has at least a dozen less institutions than other major cities like London.
Like many cities in the United Kingdom, Liverpool also offers educational opportunities known as further education or adult education. With a community college available to students between 16 and 19 years old, even individuals that fail to gain entry to a higher education institution can pursue post-secondary studies.
Liverpool is an amazing location for students that love culture, music and sports. Individuals craving some outdoor fun can take a bicycle ride, play a game of football or dance in a street festival. There are multiple, unique city tours, many of which focus on the sights of sounds of Liverpool’s famous band, The Beatles. Cuisine in Liverpool is multicultural experience, meaning students can enjoy Asian, Indian, Italian, Caribbean and dozens of other foods from around the world.
Other considerations for students in Liverpool include:
- Majority of courses taught in English.
- Some institutions are religiously affiliated.
- Some areas considered more dangerous for foreigners.
Major Fields of Study in Liverpool
There is a huge variety of schools and course selections in Liverpool. The three main universities cover a huge range of degree subjects, while specialty schools (like the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine) focus on more specific areas. Smaller community colleges and further education facilities provide diverse courses as well.
Each university in Liverpool has an admirably unique course set that covers a huge number of subject areas. This makes it difficult to pinpoint the types of studies most commonly pursued in Liverpool, or determine which courses receive better funding and instruction. Taking in to account the available facilities throughout Liverpool, as well as the amount of courses that outdistance others, the following subjects are most likely those more often pursued in Liverpool:
- Health science, nursing and medicine
- Engineering (manufacturing, computer, etc.)
- Social science
There is also a higher level of education studies in some institutions, while business and technology degrees enjoy a high degree of popularity. Considering the fame of Liverpool in producing The Beatles, it surprising to find few music programs, though art and design courses are fairly popular.
Schools of Liverpool
Listed below are the three main universities of Liverpool. There are many other schools available in the area, including international institutions and community colleges. However, these schools have the widest availability to both national and international students, and give an accurate idea of the higher education standards expected in Liverpool.
- The University of Liverpool is one of the nation’s largest public universities with solid research programs. It is hugely invested in science programs, especially regarding health and environmental studies. It possesses some of the most extensive health, science and engineering programs in all of Liverpool.
- Liverpool John Moores University is a public university having recently undergone several dramatic changes. The previous polytechnic now provides a well-rounded course selection and undertakes essential research projects in cultural, health, engineering and other areas.
- Liverpool Hope University is the third of Liverpool’s notable universities that divide their diverse faculties differently from most U.K. universities. Like the other universities in the area, it undergoes a variety of research projects. Undergraduate, graduate and doctorate programs are all available through the university.