Study in Philadelphia, The United States
Study in Philadelphia, The United StatesThere are few cities in the world as capable of constant rejuvenation as Philadelphia. This Pennsylvania-based United States city is seemingly incapable of entering the stagnant, uninspired state of many other major world cities. The city thrives on constant innovations, remodeled districts, and a revitalized urban atmosphere. With such an energetic spark lighting up Philadelphia, it’s no wonder students flock there to light the fuse in their own minds and souls.
Philadelphia has a long, rich history tied in with higher education, practically dating back to the founding the country. With well over 400,000 post-secondary students, it boasts one of the largest student bodies in the United States. The number of higher education institutions is equally staggering, over a whopping three dozen, both in the private and public sectors. Not all of these institutes are located within the city itself, but they are still considered amongst Philadelphia schools. These many institutions include general studies universities, medical schools, art and design colleges, music institutes, technical schools, community colleges and more.
There is not much that can go wrong for students when they take up the call to study in Philadelphia. The city is home to some of the United State’s most famous sights – including the treasured Liberty Bell. Cultural and historic museums, galleries, zoos and architectural wonders make even a simple stroll through the city a sightseeing event to remember. Theme park visits, bicycle rides and storytelling tours are just a few of the many activities students can enjoy after an international dinner at the city’s famous restaurants.
Other considerations for students wishing to study in Philadelphia include:
- Majority of courses taught in English.
- Some institutions are religiously affiliated.
Major Fields of Study in Philadelphia
Philadelphia has a huge number of higher education facilities. It makes perfect sense that their available fields of study match the high quantity of their schools. Anything from communication to music to biotechnology can be studied at a school in Philadelphia. It is arguably one of the best cities for any higher education study of anywhere else in the world.
However, despite the large amount of course diversity, some academic pursuits stand out. For example, five schools of medicine call the city home – a hugely impressive number revealing the emphasis of many universities on medical studies. There are also several colleges focusing mainly in arts, fine arts and design, proving the important of such studies to the student body. The most prominent studies students can expect to see within Philadelphia schools, generally, are the following:
- n Fine arts and design
It is also important to note that many students interested in food and the culinary arts attend high-ranking degree programs for these studies at schools in Philadelphia.
Schools of Philadelphia
There are so many higher education institutions in Philadelphia that listing and describing them all would be inefficient. Below are some popular schools that have achieved high rankings and great student graduate rates. These institutes represent the peak of academic excellence in Philadelphia, though students will still have many more deserving options to choose from.
- The University of Pennsylvania is a private university that has attained Ivy League status. It is one of the oldest higher education institutions in the United States and offers extensive programs in education, medicine, engineering, design and much more. Graduates and undergraduates are applicable.
- The Art Institute of Philadelphia is a private institution focusing primarily in areas of culinary arts, fashion, design, marketing, advertising, media and visual arts. It only offers diplomas, associate degrees and bachelor degrees. The school also offers internships and extensive employment opportunities.
- Temple University is a state research university with a focus in medicine and medical studies, though many other faculties and schools function beneath the university’s banner. It has campuses across the globe and includes one of the top medical universities in the Philadelphia area.