Study in Phoenix, The United States
Study in Phoenix, The United StatesTake a heated vacation and earn some personal space in the sprawling city of Phoenix. Visitors will never feel cramped in this huge metropolis, easily one of the largest and hottest in the southwestern United States. The city may be built in the desert, but it’s become an absolute oasis to natives, travelers and students alike. The sun-rich weather may bring the tourists, but it’s the excellent higher education system that makes the students stay.
There are at least a dozen institutions of higher learning in Phoenix. The main place most students attend for education is the Arizona State University, based on student population. However, there are many more colleges, institutes and universities that deserve a mention. These can be public or private universities, science institutes, medical schools, law schools, technical schools and business colleges. The city also houses the headquarters for many online higher education degree programs. Most higher education institutions In Phoenix, that are not the Arizona State University, tend to specialize in certain academic areas like business, technology and medicine.
Phoenix is an excellent place for students to get active. Whether it’s learning to race a car, hiking through the hills or mountain biking up a cliff face, there’s no shortage of exciting, physical activities in Phoenix. In addition to some amazing landscapes, the city also offers beautiful zoos and wildlife exhibits, along with cultural tours through Native American heritage sites. After students have visited one of Phoenix’s many museums, students can cool down with a cold drink and watch some live music or a basketball game.
Other considerations for students hoping to study in Phoenix include:
- Majority of courses taught in English.
- Hot weather and increased dehydration risks.
- Some institutions are religiously affiliated.
Major Fields of Study in Phoenix
The major fields of study in Phoenix may surprise many students. Though the city is one of the largest and most productive cities in the southwestern United States, it is not hugely invested in typical large-city studies like engineering and medicine. While it still focuses heavily in business studies, arts and education rise above studies like technology and law. When it comes to preferred fields and available specialty universities, the following subjects are most prominent:
- Fine arts and design (fashion, etc.)
- Christian studies
Christian studies are a unique and widely pursued subject in Phoenix. Such coursework includes education in Christian Ministry, Biblical Studies and other subjects related to an understanding of the Christian faith.
Schools of Phoenix
The following schools do not represent all other higher education institutions available in Phoenix; however, they do attempt to represent the spectrum of such institutions within the city. Listed below is an example of a main university, a specialty university and a college. Students should still research further into Phoenix’s schools before deciding upon an academic choice.
- Arizona State University is the most famous university in Phoenix. It is a public university with research projects in many academic fields. It has a diverse set of schools in everything from education to engineering. It has the largest student enrollment of any other public university in the United States.
- The Arizona Christian University is a private institute originally developed to produce ministers for the Christian faith. Today, it offers degree programs in music and praise, education, biblical studies, and Christian ministries. It has a decided focus on spiritual as well as academic development.
- Collins College is a private institution specializing in fields such as graphic design, game design, digital art, visual art, interior design, communication and media. It only provides associate and bachelor degrees. Along with its main studies, it also offers multi-disciplinary courses in math, business, and other subjects.