Study in Marseille, France
Study in Marseille, FranceBring a camera – you won’t want to miss a single second of Marseille, an artistic metropolis that has survived the ages. The oldest city in France, Marseille has survived on the perseverance and passion of its population, taking on tough challenges with the same enthusiasm as its most pleasurable pursuits. It’s little wonder that the weather-worn city of Marseille is capable of great achievements both culturally and academically, as its students are part of one of the world’s strongest, most creative cities.
There are a number of types of higher education institutions on Marseille. The main branch is the university; the overarching Aix-Marseille University created by combining three smaller universities located in different parts of the city. There are also a number of ‘grand écoles’ that specialize in certain higher education fields, such as business, and have campuses in various world locations. Other higher education opportunities include international schools from the United Kingdom or the United States. However, many of these may only cater to students under the age of 18 or 19.
History is alive and well in Marseille, which hosts a number of museums and preserved historic districts. Students can visit these memorable locations between classes, swinging by the boat-lined coast for an amazing photographic opportunity. When the film runs out, students can take advantage of the neighboring sea and swim the Mediterranean waves, rent a kayak or even scuba dive deep beneath the sea’s surface. Keep in mind, however, that this is the great nation of France. Students should never miss an opportunity to dine on authentic French cuisine, especially seafood pulled directly from the Mediterranean.
Other considerations for students wishing to study in Marseille include:
- Majority of courses taught in French.
- Sometimes a rowdy nightlife.
Major Fields of Study in Marseille
Thanks to the presence of a merged, huge university and several specialty schools, it is possible to study a wide range of subjects in Marseille. However, like many cities offering higher education programs, certain fields of study often receive more attention, funding or student enrollment. For Marseille, the following studies seem to enjoy more popularity and respect than others:
- Health science, medicine and other medical studies.
- Business and business management.
Amongst the specialty schools of Marseille, there are also significant programs in engineering and technology. Some of these, however, are only offered as graduate programs.
Schools of Marseille
The following schools are some of the most prominent in Marseille. There may be several other educational opportunities in the form of specialty schools, but the universities, colleges and international schools listed below are the most accessible to international students.
- Aix-Marseille University is a public institution divided into faculties of health, sciences, law, economics and more. It offers the widest variety of coursework and degree programs in Marseille. It heads research projects in many science fields, especially biology and medicine.
- Euromed Management is a business school with campuses in Morocco and China, as well as France. It offers far more master degree programs than bachelor and also offers a wide variety of international diplomas. It is one of the most renowned business schools in Europe.
- ISO Marseille is a specialty institute that offers training for future optometrists. It represents how important health and medical studies are to the Marseille community. It supports teacher-student interaction and practical training alongside academic study.