Study in Karachi, Pakistan
Study in Karachi, PakistanThe largest and the most profitable city in all of Pakistan- Karachi has a glowing reputation as an economic giant and educational haven. This capital city of industry also capitalizes on its resources to produce some of the most outstanding higher education programs in the continent. A multiethnic and multilingual melting pot, Karachi is the meeting place for cultivated minds from across the globe.
There is a reason why students in Pakistan prefer to study in Karachi. The city possesses the funds, staff and facilities required for an educational paradise. A wide selection of colleges, universities and institutes await future students in Karachi – opportunities unequaled anywhere else in Pakistan (even anywhere in surrounding countries). There are public colleges, military colleges, private universities and specialty institutes. Some of these institutions train individuals all the way from primary to post-secondary. Unanimously, the government is responsible for supporting academic facilities.
Government-run colleges, although not exclusive to Pakistan, function slightly different from other institutions. Students in these colleges are typically at an intermediate level of education and divided by gender, although higher education is offered in some institutions.
Karachi has a colorful atmosphere to offer its students alongside their studies. Considered the ‘New York’ of Pakistan, Karachi is a blend of Asian, Western and Middle Eastern cultures, creating a flurry of religious of artistic festivals and events throughout the year. The port-town also includes exciting activities on the beach, such as swimming, water-skiing and other sports. There is an endless array of sites and sounds, including museums, environmental centers, religious buildings, zoos, amusement parks and nightclubs.
Some other considerations for Karachi students include:
- Majority of courses taught in Urdu and English.
- Schools sometimes divided by gender.
Major Fields of Study in Karachi
Karachi, as a global city with heavy ties in international economics, has several higher educational programs that rise above others. The diversity of studies in Karachi is still admirable; however, some courses are more preferred by students and produce significant results in their graduates. The huge number of engineering schools in the city makes this study one of the most popular, and obvious choice due to Karachi’s investment in the industry. Business is also widely pursued, and in some cased medical sciences have become a common pursuit.
Reviewing the offered courses, resources and general specialization of Karachi’s institutes, the following fields of study are likely the most widely pursued in Karachi.
- Technology n
- Business and business management
- Medical studies
Schools of Karachi
The following list illustrates some of the higher education institutions available in Karachi. While these institutions are unique, they also serve to represent the types of educational study programs available in Karachi as a whole.
- The University of Karachi is a public university with diverse departments and research centers. Several specialty colleges are affiliated with the university, and the school is arguably the largest university in Pakistan. It is one of the few institutions to offer evening programs to professionals and service workers.
- Baqai Medical University is a private institution with an obvious focus in medical sciences. It is one of the top medical universities in all of Pakistan and owns several institutes in specific medical studies, including highly specialized fields like endocrinology and hematology.
- Sir Syed Government College for Women or Sir Syed Government Girls College is an all-girls college with a reputation for excellence in Pakistan. The college offers multiple degree programs along with a separate college for medical sciences. It is affiliated with another university, along with several hospitals.