Study in Dijon, France
Study in Dijon, FranceAn artistic, cultural and historic experience awaits students attending college in Dijon. Located in the Burgundy region of France, it is a centuries-old city rooted in classic art, while still booming with new age electronic and metal-production industries. While it does not possess a long list of universities like some other cities (there are only about 25,000 students in the city as a whole) Dijon still offers a number of public colleges, technical schools and specialty schools – which provide focused training in teaching, social science, art, physical therapy and other areas.
Individuals who pursue studies in Dijon can study anything from philosophy to medicine. They are guaranteed an active nightlife and access to art theatres, museums and even an opera. There will be no shortage of food and culture in Dijon, as students will find themselves surrounded by hundred-year-old Gothic architecture and Renaissance art. All students should bring their wine glasses as well – the Burgundy region is famed for its Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays. A small trip just outside the city typically results in vineyard walks and wine tastings.
Before studying in Dijon, students should carefully consider some of these other factors that will affect their studies:
- Majority of courses taught in French, although some may be taught in English.
- Dual lingual fluency is preferred.
- Large influx of international students.
Major Fields of Study in Dijon
Aside from the University of Burgundy – which is the largest higher education institution in Dijon – most colleges and institutes in this French city specialize in specific areas. This means students who wish to study in this city should carefully consider their educational desires before applying to Dijon schools.
The majority of students, who move to Dijon, are heavily invested in art, cultural and political science. Dijon itself is a site rich in both Renaissance and medieval art, and deep in French culture – so the city allures students swayed towards the arts & humanities side of higher education. Business and technology majors also enjoy Dijon for its blossoming electronics industries – and while science and medicine are available for study in Dijon, the city is not particularly known for its science programs.
The following majors are some of the most sought-after courses for individuals studying in Dijon, France:
- Art and design
- Political and social science
Students in Dijon have the opportunity to pursue many other diverse courses, not just the ones listed here. Whether they attend a large university or a specialty school, students have a wide range of educational opportunities in Dijon.
Prominent Schools for Study in Dijon, France
The following list outlines three major schools located in Dijon, France. These provide a sample of the schools available in Dijon and do not represent all the schools based in this city.
- The University of Burgundy (or Université de Bourgogne) is the largest university in Dijon. Home to the acclaimed Burgundy School of Business, the facilities also include IT colleges and a greenhouse botanical garden. It is also one of the few places in Dijon where students can study at the post-graduate level.
- École Nationale Supérieure of Art and Design is one of the oldest art-centered schools in France. It is the most renowned of several art schools in Dijon, providing art workshops not just to students but the public as well.
- Science Po (a.k.a Paris Institute of Political Studies) is an originally Paris-based institute that now has a campus in Dijon. It is one of Dijon’s specialty schools, focusing on studies in social and political sciences.