Study in Holland, Netherlands
Study in Holland, NetherlandsThere is a reason that the city-name of Holland is nearly synonymous with the Netherlands itself. Combine the two provinces of North and South Holland and you’ll find a strikingly open landscape, tall and friendly natives, and the renowned capital city of Amsterdam. From movies to books, dreamers around the world have drawn their inspiration from this Netherlands region.
Holland, as with all higher educational systems in the Netherlands, provides a variety of private and public institutions. Most of these institutions tend to specialize in certain areas, as opposed to presenting wide fields of studies. This sets their schools slightly apart from other European institutions. This does not, however, mean that studies in Holland are limited. Many large universities still retain broad programs, and students can still study anything from veterinary medicine to fine arts.
An integral part of almost all Holland’s higher education institutions is their research facilities. These research initiatives often guide the coursework and curriculum of Holland’s universities and colleges, as well as provide essential learning, discovery and documentation to the educational world.
Holland is, without doubt, one of the most beautiful and interesting places for students to attend college. From the cultural hub of Amsterdam to the pristine natural parks, students can go urban or rural, depending on their preference. A huge activity in Holland is bicycling, and whether you undergo a guided tour or blaze the trail yourself, just make sure you keep up with the splendor and speed of the Netherlands!
Some other considerations for future students in Holland include:
- Majority of courses taught in Dutch and English.
- Extremely healthy country.
- Not one overly prominent religion.
Major Fields of Study in Holland
Since Holland is an educational paradise, not just for natives but for many countries across the world, the region provides a diverse range of studies. Regardless of the field you choose to enter, you’ll find Holland has the program for you.
However, the region is absolutely saturated with the effects of a booming economy and scattered with internationally acclaimed research institutions. This means that certain science and technology fields are more widely pursed in Holland, as opposed to a non-scientific degree in performing arts. The region of Holland, like its schools, is vastly interested in technology, and students are guaranteed to find their dream study in this tiny European country.
Some of the preferred studies in Holland, therefore, tend to be:
- Sciences (applied, medical, etc.)
Schools of Holland
The following list shows some of the acclaimed universities and colleges in the Holland area. The region of Holland is even larger than some major cities, so though this list is a great starting point for understanding Holland’s higher education institutions, it is far from representing all the schools available.
- The VU University of Amsterdam or Vrije Universiteit, is a one of Holland’s public universities, located in the Netherlands. It is a versatile school providing a range of programs from social science to architecture. However, a majority of these courses are taught in Dutch. Only certain degrees can be earned in English.
- The University Twente is an appraised research institution, as well as, a higher-education institution. With a huge focus in various technological fields (biological, etc.), the school provides some of the best engineering, science and technology programs in the whole of the Netherlands.
- The Eindhoven Institute of Technology is a public school with a focus in technical studies. It partners with many independent industries to produce some of the best research institutions in the world. Soon, Eindhoven will be the proud sponsor of the largest technology university in all of Netherlands.