Study in Minneapolis, The United States
Study in Minneapolis, The United StatesGenerosity, warmth and acceptance, await individuals in the progressive city of Minneapolis. This United States metropolis, based in the northern state of Minnesota, brings modern culture and art to the mid-region of the country. Yet the city doesn’t just house the most creative and giving people in the nation; it also possesses one of the best higher education systems in the country, valuing educational quality and lifelong learning.
Minneapolis allows students to choose from a variety of higher education options. There is only one real main university – the University of Minneapolis – that enjoys the highest enrollment rate of any other institution in Minneapolis. Other smaller universities and colleges scatter the landscape, most of which are privately owned and funded. Nearly all of the institutions provide both undergraduate and graduate programs.
Other higher educational opportunities include specialty school, such as those in business, which provide academic courses alongside practical career training. The city also houses campuses belonging to higher education institutions based in other areas of the country.
Minneapolis is an excellent place to find a variety of unique sights and sounds. From the local Minnesota zoo to the inspiring sculpture gardens, cultural and artistic attractions abound across the city. In fact, the most popular draws of Minneapolis include these creative sites. If students find sightseeing isn’t their cup of tea, they can rent a bike for an all-day ride, take a paddleboat out onto the lake, or visit a local amusement park. The city is also a great spot to find live music performances and exciting local bars.
Other considerations for future students in Minneapolis include:
- Majority of courses taught in English.
- Some institutions are religiously affiliated.
Major Fields of Study in Minneapolis
Minneapolis is a diverse town with a diverse set of students. There are many degrees to be earned at the city’s schools. Students have pursued studies in anything from medicine to animation, receiving degrees, licenses and certifications.
Of the specialty institutions in Minneapolis, there are several art institutes with especially excellent reputations. Considering the artistic atmosphere of the city, the presence of such institutions is no surprise. Even some technical colleges offer design programs. As a result of the number of courses offered, specialty schools and student enrollment, along with the impact of the surrounding city, the following courses are more often associated with the city of Minneapolis.
- Art and design
Other studies that seem highly prevalent in Minneapolis include education, technology and select health science fields. For the most part, however, Minneapolis schools are very diverse in the programs they offer.
Schools of Minneapolis
The following schools provide a glimpse into the educational opportunities available in Minneapolis. There are many more higher education institutions in Minneapolis; these only function to offer a small view of what future students might expect.
- The University of Minnesota is a public university with extremely high rankings in many science, engineering and medical programs. The school has another campus in the state and has one of the highest student enrollment rates in the city. The school also produced multiple media projects, including a newspaper.
- The Minneapolis College of Art and Design is a private college offering a wide range of art and design courses, including photography, sculpture, graphic design and much more. It offers undergraduate and graduate programs, along with an online master degree study.
- Globe University and the Minnesota School of Business is a private institution with a major focus in business studies, though legal, medical, health and engineering studies are also offered. It offers both nationally accredited degrees and career certifications in certain fields.