Study in Orlando, The United States
Study in Orlando, The United StatesThere are not many places in the world where children, teenagers, young adults, parents, singles and seniors can all find an equal amount of entertainment. Orlando, however, is one such remarkable place. This Florida-based United States city is a family-oriented yet adult-friendly urban star that caters to fun-lovers of all ages. Orlando doesn’t just limit itself to vacationers and locals, however; it provides a huge array of higher education opportunities to enthusiastic students from around the world.
Orlando, when looked at beneath the surface, is far more than Florida’s tourist highlight. While it may bring in more travelers a year than almost any other Florida city, it also brings in a huge number of post-secondary students – over 100,000 in total. With a drive to match their educational achievements to their theme parks, Orlando is quickly climbing to one of the United States highest preferred education locations.
There are a number of state universities and colleges that receive government funding, but the amount of private institutions far outnumbers the public. This is not, however, a negative aspect of the city; the private colleges mainly receive glowing reputations. Other institutions based elsewhere in Florida also have campuses in Orlando.
As stated before, there is a little bit of everything in the brilliant city of Orlando. International cuisines abound, giving students tasty samples from nations around the world. After a satisfying meal of Caribbean or American food, students can use the extra energy to take a bicycle ride, go fishing off the coast or swim with manatees in the Everglades. The theme parks, of course, are well known world-round, so students can make sure to visit Walt Disney World, Gatorland or Ripley’s Believe It Or Not!
Other considerations for students seeking courses in Orlando include:
- Majority of courses taught in English.
- Some hurricane threats.
- Somewhat dangerous urban areas.
Major Fields of Study in Orlando
There is a very good reason that Orlando possesses one of the largest student bodies in the United States. Students can pursue studies in almost any conceivable college subject, achieve degrees at their preferred level of education and even take courses online through special university programs. There are very few limitations to what students can study in Orlando.
However, the city does fall prey to a matter of reputation and course rates. The following programs from certain schools receive high acclaim in the national and the international community. These programs also appear more commonly across Orlando’s colleges and universities, primarily due to the high demand for education in these fields.
- Technology and computer Science
- Health sciences, nursing and medical sciences
Some hospitality, culinary and tourism studies are popular amongst certain student groups, since Orlando has a high number of theme parks, resorts and other financially profitable tourism-based businesses.
Schools of Orlando
There are many unique institutions in Orlando that deserve mention, but it would be inefficient to compose a list of all the city’s colleges, universities and technical schools in its entirety. The following list displays the different types of higher education schools –public, private and state-run – with brief descriptions of their workings and offerings.
- The University of Central Florida is a public university with one of the largest and most diverse student bodies in the country. It hosts a wide range of studies and faculties, in everything from psychology to computer science. Its passionate student body makes it the perfect place for social students.
- The International Academy of Design and Technology is a private, specialized institute focusing instruction in areas of interior design, game design, marketing and other design and art related studies. It offers very quick paths to degree attainment and even aids students serving in the military.
- Seminole State College of Florida is a public state institution offering online classes, apprenticeships, adult education and even English-language studies alongside their other academic offerings. It is well known for heading cultural events and supporting local community programs.