The University of Alabama is a student-centered research university and an academic community united in its commitment to enhancing the quality of life for all Alabamians.
Founded in 1831 as Alabama's first public college, The University of Alabama is dedicated to excellence in teaching, research and service. The school provides a creative, nurturing campus environment where students can become the best individuals possible, can learn from the best and brightest faculty, and can make a positive difference in the community, the state and the world.
The University of Alabama family has always expected great things. After all, they are the state of Alabama’s flagship university and its capstone of higher education.
The Mission of the University of Alabama is to advance the intellectual and social condition of the people of the State, the nation, and the world through the creation, translation, and dissemination of knowledge with an emphasis on quality programs of teaching, research, and service.
Some of the strategic goals of the University of Alabama include:
- Advancing the University's academic, research, scholarship and service priorities, consistent with a top tier university, and continue to promote growth and national prominence in these areas.
- Enhancing the teaching, research and service mission of the University by retaining and recruiting outstanding faculty and staff.
- Enhancing the University's learning environment to attract and retain excellent students.
- Developing a university-wide emphasis on leadership as a primary role of the flagship university of the State of Alabama.
The University of Alabama aims to be university of choice for the best and brightest students in Alabama and a university of choice for all students who seek exceptional educational opportunities. The University of Alabama is always striving to be a student-centered research university and an academic community united in its commitment to enhancing the quality of life for its students, alumni, staff and the community as a whole.
- Arts, Design and Crafts
- Interior Design
- Fine Arts
- Performing Arts
- International Business
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Engineering Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Human Nutrition and Dietetics
- Human Studies and Services
- Social Work
- Philology, Languages, Literature
- Philology and Linguistics
- Language Courses and Cultural Immersion Programs
- Athletics and exercise science
Box 870132, Tuscaloosa, Alabama, The United States, 35487
The University of Alabama is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award bachelor's, master's, educational specialist, and doctoral degrees.