Study in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Study in Dubai, United Arab EmiratesConsidered on of the most esteemed, model business cities in the entire world, Dubai is a well-established internationally invested paradise. Founded on the wealth of the oil industry, Dubai has exceeded nearly all of its neighbors in economic and business growth. This fast-paced development extends into its educational facilities. Among its dozens of private and public universities, colleges and technical institutions, many hold an esteemed name, not just within in the UAW, but across the globe.
In recent years, many foreign universities have set up schools within Dubai, traveling from the United States and Europe. Most of these schools can be found in a location known as the Dubai international Academic City – an area where educational institutions can set up facilities. This area mainly harbors foreign schools, while original Dubai institutions may be located elsewhere.
As far as education, the city is just as advanced as the businesses that compose it. The city not only has some of the most advanced technologies, newest mega constructs and state-of-the-art educational facilities, but it provides excellent extracurricular student activities as well. From desert safaris to historical districts, this hot arid nation is an explorer’s paradise.
Some considerations for students wishing to study in Dubai include:
- Main language is Arabic, though some courses taught in English
- Many students wear traditional Islamic dress.
- Some colleges and universities are separated by gender.
- In somewhat of an economic recession.
Major Fields of Study in Dubai
The schools of Dubai – like the city of Dubai itself – are largely concerned with business, economics, management and technology. The programs in Dubai produce some of the most successful entrepreneurs and business executives in the world, and many of the universities will either possess business schools or international business programs. Since Dubai is ranked as a top technological contender alongside world cities like Tokyo and London, it is an excellent place for those studying robotics, engineering and production technology as well.
While Dubai is an ancient city with some significant archeological sites and art treasures, it is not the most popular place in the UAE to study the arts.
Among the many studies available in Dubai, the most common post-secondary course subjects include:
- Technology and IT
- International studies
The popular subjects listed here are not a student’s only choice, however. Many more courses are offered in Dubai schools; anything from forensic science to Islamic art could be a field of study.
Schools of Dubai
There are dozens of schools in Dubai, each offering a unique course selection and specific accommodations and activities. The following list outlines a few of the prominent universities open to students in Dubai.
- The University of Dubai (UD) is a public university focused mainly on business, management and economics. It aims to incorporate diversity and communication into its classroom environment and is internationally affiliated with many European and American universities.
- Heroit Watt University is an affiliated with the U.K. university and offers a wide range of courses. The university is known for its active student life and international student body, as well as a leading university in research and development.
- Zayed University is a top-ranking multi-disciplinary university available to students all over the world. It not only offers a diverse set of degree options, but also a wide range of certifications for international affairs and business management.