Study in Dhaka, Bangladesh
Study in Dhaka, BangladeshStudents seeking a major city university with a tropical surrounding can guarantee an educational, vacation-like study in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The nation’s capital, Dhaka is situated in the heart of Bangladesh and boasts of more universities than any other city in the country. Dhaka also has colleges that are affiliated with overseas universities, and have campuses in Dhaka for study abroad programs from other countries. With multiple private and public institutions, Dhaka is swiftly becoming a leader in higher education for the cities of Asia.
Dhaka is considered a megacity, with over 15 million people calling the capital home – so it is a definite must for the super-city lover. Students interested in Islamic studies and Indo-Aryan languages (such as Hindi) will find Dhaka a glittering goldmine of culture and information. Studying in Dhaka will also provide students with personalized festival experiences, as the city is the central location for most national holidays. Multiple art and science societies exist for most universities, and students can join in on a variety of athletic, artistic and cultural activities.
Some considerations for students seeking to study in Dhaka include:
- Majority of courses taught in Bengali, with some in English.
- Religious affiliation is primarily Islam.
- Extremely, densely populated.
- Somewhat unstable government and finance status.
- Prime location for technology and science bureaus.
Major Fields of Study in Dhaka
Schools in Dhaka typically include a wide range of studies and most universities will offer complete basic programs in most higher education fields. There are also courses available in these Bangladesh-based institutions that may not be available in other countries (such as Persian literature or Urdu). However, some other schools tend to specialize in specific areas. The Central Women’s University, for example, mainly offers courses on women and gender studies.
The most preferred areas of study in Dhaka universities and colleges include technology and engineering. It is also common for institutions to offer science and research programs, as multiple universities in Bangladesh either work closely on research projects or posses their own research facilities. On the other hand, students also closely study the language and culture of their surrounding nations, leading to excellent arts and humanities programs. However, students should take into account that certain facilities and programs have been closed due to insufficient funding.
If you choose to enroll in Dhaka, know that popular studies for this city include:
- Technology n
- Life sciences
- Religion and culture
Though this represents the majority of what students choose to study in Dhaka, it is not unanimous Students can pursue a variety of degrees in anything from medicine to art history.
Prominent Schools for Study in Dhaka
The following schools are some of the most notable universities in Dhaka. There are over 50 higher education institutions to choose from, however, so these selections a far from representing the entirety of available studies in Dhaka.
- The University of Dhaka is the oldest public university in Bangladesh. It has many affiliated colleges, a variety of faculties and dozens of research centers. As with a few other colleges, it also includes a pre-military program known as the Bangladesh National Cadet Corps.
- The Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology is a public university for technical and engineering studies, as well as architecture. It is the most widely praised engineering school in Bangladesh, and its students have even won international awards for their engineering designs.
- The Ahsanullah University of Science and Technology is a private university focused on technical training. It has an impressive variety of engineering, science, manufacturing and mechanical laboratories. The school also has a somewhat self-sustaining water and power supply.