Study in Moscow, Russia
Study in Moscow, RussiaAn extreme version of the ‘high life’ awaits anyone that endeavors to enter Moscow, Russia’s high-stakes capital city. From its battle-hardened, ancient roots to its modern-day super influence on the global market, Moscow has never been a city to take the safe road. Individuals will find the Russian metropolis a breeding ground of excitement and eccentricity; students will find it the overwhelming supplier of education, a beacon of higher learning amidst the world’s largest nation.
The number of higher education schools within Moscow is one of the largest in the world. There are hundreds of institutions, ranging from public state universities to private specialty schools. Moscow is not only a prime location for Russians seeking university and post-secondary studies, but an excellent study abroad opportunity for international students. Many campuses from foreign schools nestle peacefully beside decades-old national Russian institutions.
The student body in Moscow is absolutely staggering – over tens of thousands of students. A significant chunk of those learners traveled from separate countries to study in Russia’s capital city. The population of Russia, in fact, has one of the highest rates of higher education attainment in the world. Since the installment of the Bologna Process, students can achieve a bachelor, master or doctorate degree (known in Russia as a doctor nauk).
Moscow is not shy about the dark and light moments of its history. The city proudly owns dozens of historic museums and preserves religious sites, government buildings and beautiful palaces – including the world-known Kremlin. However, if students don’t find sightseeing to their liking, they can take a taste of authentic Russian, Ukrainian, Swedish, or other East European cuisine in a stress-free atmosphere. Students can then finish out the day with a multitude of sporting activities, from basketball to bowling.
Other considerations for students seeking studies in Moscow include:
- Most courses taught in Russian.
- Somewhat dangerous, unfriendly city.
Major Fields of Study in Moscow
Moscow has such a huge amount of schools and studies, it is nearly impossible to choose the major fields such a city is known for. Aside from the over 50 universities that offer a broad range of courses, there are still dozens of additional of institutes that specialize in certain fields, such as engineering, law or even cinematography. No matter the student’s pursuit, it is almost guaranteed that at least one school in Russia will be able to meet their educational requirements.
Though specific studies may be impossible to choose from amongst Moscow’s many schools, it is possible to determine the city’s preference in a certain academic area. Neither Moscow’s higher education institutions nor the city itself is particularly well known for the humanities or arts. In fact, students travel to Moscow mainly to study scientific, engineering and technical fields. The city also sees an increased focus on aerospace, aviation and aeronautics technology.
Schools of Moscow
The following schools are several of the highest-rated institutions in Moscow. However, There are hundreds of more options for students to choose from in this Russian city; this list simply aims to demonstrate the high level of excellence in Moscow’s school systems, as well as highlight some of the more famous institutions.
- Moscow State University or Lomonosov Moscow State University is a public university over two hundred years old. It has an extremely popular and highly networked international program, along with high-ranking science and business courses. It also heads a number of Russian research institutes.
- The Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, or MIPT, is a public higher education institution that has been operating since the time of the Soviet Union. It is extremely famous, hugely involved with engineering, technology, physics, flight and aerospace. It even caters to intelligence and technology companies.
- The Moscow Aviation Institute, or State University of Aerospace Technologies, is an engineering institute that offers aeronautical, flight, flight engineering, electronics, robotics and rocket engineering studies. It also offers several programs like social engineering, which are distinct from the aviation studies.