Pablo de Olavide University (UPO) was founded in 1997. It is one of Spain's youngest and smallest public universities. The university has a population of over 11,000 students and offers four year degree programs in a variety of academic fields. The university is located on a beautiful 345 acre campus less than 5 miles from Seville's city center . The International Center at Pablo de Olavide University was officially founded in 2002 although the University began a program for international students in the fall of 2001.
The Center currently offers a variety of programs open to students from all over the world. The most popular is the semester-long Hispanic Studies Program with courses both in Spanish and in English. The Center also offers the University Integration Program (P.I.U.) for students with advanced Spanish language skills, courses in the teaching of Spanish as a foreign language, and Spanish language courses throughout the year. The Center also offers courses in the summer. As of March 1, 2008, the Center is accredited by the Cervantes Institute.
- Arts, Design and Crafts
- Human Resources
- Management Control
- Labor Relations
- Business Administration
- Management Information Systems
- Economic Analysis
- Social Education
- Teaching of Spanish as a Second Language
- Computer Engineering in Information Systems
- Information Systems Engineering
- Human Studies and Services
- Social Work
- Philology, Languages, Literature
- Language Courses
- Language Courses and Cultural Immersion Programs
- Translation and Interpretation
- Public Administration and Services
- Human Rights
- Public Administration/Management
- Administration Sciences
- Radio Physics and Electronics
- Athletics and exercise science
- Environmental Studies
- Political Science
- Social and Cultural studies
- Latin American Studies
- Hispanic Studies
+34 95 434 89 44
Carretera de Utrera, km. 1, Sevilla, Spain, 41013
Spanish Ministry of Education
Hispanic Studies Program: designed for student sihing to spend a semester or a year abroad while continuing their undergraduate degree. While it offers courses in Spanish, it also caters to the needs of those with little or no background in Spanish by offering classes taught in English in many subject areas.
Spanish language Program: week, month, semester
University Integration Program: especially designed for students with highly advanced Spanish language skills who wish to integrate themselves fully into a Spanish university. There is also an option of taking courses in English with Spanish students in the business department. This option is open to Business majors only.
Most programs require applicants to complete an application form, one letter of recommendation(Hispanic Studies, PIU and Spanish Language and Culture Students only), a verified university transcript (Hispanic Studies, PIU and Spanish Language and Culture Students only), a passport-sized photo and a copy of the passport photo page. Non-EU students need to apply for a student visa to attend.
None (except for the "University Integration Program - PIU" - high level of Spanish required)
- Hispanic Studies Program: 1,965 euros per semester.
- Spanish Language Program: Prices vary according to length of course (1 week 160 euros; 2 weeks 300 euros; 3 weeks 480 euros; 1 semester course from Hispanis Studies Program 460 euros)
- University Integration Program: 1,420 euros per semester. There is a 40 euro application fee for Hispanic Studies, PIU and Spanish Language and Culture Students.
Each class is worth six ECTS credits. Students can take up five courses a semester.
Application deadlines for the Spring semester are typically in October. The Fall semester has an application deadline in June.
Preference will be given to residents of the newest EU member states (Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, Hungary, Cyprus, Malta, Romania and Bulgaria) as well as of the candidate countries (Turkey, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Iceland, Montenegro and Serbia).
With Spanish host families or in a nearby residence hall.
Social/Cultural activities included throughout the academic year. There is also a gym on campus and the Sports Office offers a variety of activities for students to participate in.