Study in Guadalajara, Mexico
Study in Guadalajara, MexicoThere’s a reason that Mariachi music originated in Guadalajara, this lively Mexican city! Doubling as both Mexico’s industrial giant and cultural metropolis, Guadalajara is a dreamlike destination for tourists and students alike. The city offers amazing educational opportunities along with a vibrant culture, so that your feet will dance the streets while your head is filled heavy with knowledge.
Of all the cities in Mexico, Guadalajara is the most renowned for its educational institutions. Since the early 1900s, the city has provided university and college study, soon branching out to international crowds with the addition of campuses from other country’s schools. It is heavily invested in technology and industrial companies, and this reflects very strongly in their educational programs.
Nights of dancing and feasting await students that attend studies in Guadalajara. From the local nightclubs to the unique restaurants, Students can also find a variety of cathedrals and historical buildings in certain Guadalajara district, though the city does not possess as many historical sites as some other Mexican cities. Along with sporting activities, Guadalajara provides one more authentic Spanish experience for new students: bullfighting in the Plaza Nuevo Progreso!
Some other considerations for students hoping to attend college in Guadalajara include:
- Most courses taught in Spanish.
- Lesser amount of crime of many Mexican cities.
- Some schools are religiously affiliated.
Major Fields of Study in Guadalajara
Most of the higher education institutions in Guadalajara are fairly broad in their course studies, as opposed to being specialty schools. While the schools may have strong programs in certain areas, it is almost always possible for national and international students to pursue their preferred courses regardless.
Some subjects, however, receive more attention from students and faculty in Guadalajara. Since the city is so invested in various industries (anything from textiles to electronics), the strongest programs in the city’s higher education institutions are related to these areas. This means that students who wish to study in the following areas should consider Guadalajara as a top choice for schooling:
- Engineering (civil, industrial, etc.)
- Business and manufacturing
Some medicine programs, law courses and economics classes are also highly preferred in Guadalajara. Individuals should research schools in Guadalajara to discover where to pursue their chosen courses.
Schools of Guadalajara
There are many schools located in Guadalajara, as the Mexican city has developed itself as one of the most prominent educational centers in the country. The following list of universities outlines some of the largest and most successful higher education institutions that call Guadalajara home. They demonstrate the kinds of institutions that students can expect when they choose to study in Guadalajara.
- The Universidad de Guadalajara is a public university over 200 years old, and the second most prized university in all of Mexico. With multiple centers of study and further campuses in Jalisco, it provides an extremely versatile list of courses, modernized facilities and an active student life.
- ITESO, or the Universidad Jesuita de Guadalajara, is a private university founded by a community of Jesuits. The school has an impeccable reputation for their science, technology and engineering programs. The university is closely involved with many local business, industrial companies and academic initiatives.
- Universidad Panamericana is a private Catholic school with a campus located in Guadalajara, Mexico. One of its main programs is Opus Dei, a religious institution meant to spread Christian doctrine on and off campus. Like many schools in Guadalajara, it is renowned for its engineering and business programs.