Study in Puebla, Mexico
Study in Puebla, MexicoTake a trip back in time to the colonial town of Puebla, which mixes modern-day technologies into a somewhat antique atmosphere. This huge city still manages to feel small, keeping a close-to-home feel that other urban giants lack. When students travel to Puebla to pursue educational excellence at the city’s academically supreme facilities, they are guaranteed to walk away with a full mind and a light heart.
Puebla is one of the top two cities in all of Mexico for post-secondary students. The quaint, tasteful city is still incredibly large – the fourth largest in the country – and boasts an equally impressive student population. Not only does Puebla possess a number of institutions native to the city itself, but universities from other parts of Mexico have moved campuses into the educationally rich city. As if Puebla didn’t have enough to brag about, it’s also home to the oldest university in Mexico. The variety of public and private universities, technical institutes and international schools make Puebla an excellent higher education location for any eager student. Many United States colleges even place campuses in Puebla.
Puebla is known for its tacos – a specific Puebla type of taco – and students should not pass up the opportunity to taste this cultural cuisine. If there’s anything the city is prouder of than its tacos, it’s its history, and students can witness it first hand at the revolutionary museums, architecturally magnificent cathedrals and colorful plazas scattered in Puebla. Students can also try their voices at karaoke in a local bar, or take a bus tour of the city’s historic sites.
Other considerations for students studying in Puebla include:
- Majority of courses taught in Spanish.
- Reputation of unfriendliness towards foreigners.
Major Fields of Study in Puebla
Puebla, though it is one of the largest sources of higher education in Mexico, does not have as broad a course set as its educational rival in Mexico City. Only a few institutions offer diverse courses that do not focus in one certain academic area. As the city stands now, there are an impressive number of technical institutes and campuses in Puebla. In fact, most of the schools students will find at the post-secondary level in Puebla will be technological institutions. Even the largest institute – the Autonomous University of Puebla – provides mainly science, engineering and technology degrees. As a result, the most commonly pursued studies in Puebla include:
- Engineering n
- Information technology
Schools of Puebla
Below are listed some of the few higher education institutions in Puebla. These are likely some of the most well known of the city’s academic options; however, there are many more institutions available to students interested in studying at Puebla.
- The Autonomous University of Puebla, also known as the Benemérita Universidad Autónoma de Puebla, is the oldest public university in Puebla. It offers a wide variety of science, engineering, technology, humanities and social science courses. It also leads research programs in areas of physics, health, medicine and other scientific areas.
- The Technological Institute of Puebla is a relatively new institution focusing in areas of engineering, science, technology and information. It is one of the top engineering schools in Mexico, providing state-of-the-art technology and training programs to future graduates.
- The University of the Americas Puebla or the Universidad de las Américas Puebla is a private university with a campus in Puebla and other areas of Mexico. It has a fairly wide course range, in anything from engineering to fine arts. It is one of the best private universities in Mexico.