Study in Hamburg, Germany
Study in Hamburg, GermanyRival only to Germany’s capital city of Berlin, the port-town of Hamburg is a titan-sized city with a well-earned reputation for greatness. The wealthy city is known for its industrial prowess and world-known media broadcasting programs. One of the largest harbor cities in all of Europe, Hamburg stands as a beacon of innovation, cultural rejuvenation and educational excellence.
After years of controversial educational reform, Germany (and Hamburg in particular) has become a popular destination for post-secondary students. Though there are a few public universities in the city, Hamburg’s private universities and colleges exceed them, averaging anywhere from 4,000 to 40,000 students. The institutions in Hamburg are also known for their associations with multiple research facilities. From aerospace to health science to astronomy, the research centers in Hamburg possess a reputation of practical and innovative research techniques.
Students in Hamburg need not worry about an unimpressive experience during their college years. For the culturally inclined, there are multiple landmarks to visit, from the preciously significant, Old Town Trostbrücke Bridge to the modern Heinrich Hertz TV tower with its revolving restaurant. Those interesting in more active adventures can play football or take part in spontaneous street parties.
Some considerations for future students in Hamburg include:
- Majority of courses taught in German
- Intense political debates.
Major Fields of Study in Hamburg
Hamburg, like many major cities in Europe, supplies all of its students with a long list of diverse courses. Although this section will attempt to highlight some of the more widely pursued courses in Hamburg, it does not entail an entire listing of the available studies.
There are several specialty schools scattered through Hamburg, as well as individual faculties and academies. Social work and medicine are a few studies specifically offered at certain locations in Hamburg. However, in light of the offered courses and focuses of Hamburg’s many schools, some subjects tend to stand out above the rest – especially regarding Hamburg’s place as a leading media and aerospace research city. The following programs are recommended in Hamburg, as the city provides extensive facilities and course studies in the following programs:
- Aerospace, aeronautics and aviation studies.
- Media studies
Medicine, along with some art and design studies, also appears popular in Hamburg. Such trends, however, are subject to change, and do not largely effect the general range of studies available to Hamburg students.
Schools of Hamburg
There are, in truth, dozens of different higher educational facilities in Hamburg, functioning both independently and beneath the umbrella of other universities. Below are some of the most acclaimed colleges in Hamburg. They represent some of the top-quality institutions available in Hamburg, though many other worthy candidates could grace the list as well.
- The Northern Institute of Technology Management is the result of a partnership with the Hamburg Institute of Technology. It is a private business school with international relations to universities all over the world, and partners with many different business and corporations to fund programs and scholarships.
- The University of Hamburg is a public institute with one of the largest course selection in Hamburg. It has its own observatory in Bergedorf, as well as a number of advanced eLearning programs. It is also a leading university for the support of language learning, especially for non-native German speakers.
- Bucerius Law School was the first private law university in Germany to offer doctorate programs. With an impressive list of honorary graduates, the school is ranked high alongside top law schools across the globe. The college advocates a close-knit community through debate teams, social activities and its own paper.