Study in Lille, France
Study in Lille, FranceNot many cities have been able to rise from the ashes of recent economic hurts, but Lille is the dazzling exception. This brilliant metropolis is revived and ready to share its culture and creativity with the world. Now a top commercial city in France, Lille not only attracts shopping lovers and honeymooners, but reels in thousands of university-level students for a variety of comprehensive education programs.
There are many French universities based in Lille; in fact, it is one of the top cities in France for student enrollment. Some of these universities even share the same name, though they are considered independent universities – which can get confusing for students looking for a school. There are also several specialty schools, focusing in such fields as engineering, business, fine arts, political science and technologies. There are even doctorate colleges offering high-level degrees.
There is little not to love for students in Lille. Artists will find a number of workshops and museums catered to their creative pursuits, while shoppers can enjoy extensive malls, markets and megastores; history buffs will enjoy the World War I battlefield sites and memorials, while athletes can take up extensive bicycling tours and trails. There truly is something for everyone in Lille, which even offers quaint cafes, upscale restaurants and bars with live music.
Some other considerations for future students in Lille include:
- Majority of courses taught in French.
- Somewhat high cost of living.
- Some institutions religiously affiliated.
Major Fields of Study in Lille
With the accumulated presence of large universities alongside specialty post-secondary schools, there is an almost infinite range of studies available in Lille. It is a diverse city that offers courses in everything from art and design to law.
Unlike the larger universities, though, there are many colleges in Lille that specialize in certain areas. These institutions are either associated with universities in Lille, or operate as independent schools. For example, there are many well-known business schools and engineering programs available in the city. As a result, these schools and courses tend to focus in the following fields:
- Business and business management
There are also several specialty schools in political science, chemistry and various sciences. Most universities and colleges offer both bachelor and master degree programs in most educational areas.
Schools of Lille
Lille is actually one of the top destinations for both French and international students, so dozens of colleges and universities have made a home in the blossoming city. Though there are certain studies more popular than others, the truth is that Lille has institutions for nearly every conceivable major. The following list of higher education schools in Lille attempts to describe what students should expect from these institutions, as well as demonstrate the variety of schools available.
- The University of Lille is actually a combination of three public universities: the Lille University of Science and Technology, the Lille University of Health and Law, and the Charles de Gaulle University. Each school specialized in different fields and the university group also includes extensive educational academies.
- The Lille Catholic University is a private university with a Catholic religious affiliation. It has a wide range of faculties, though it is best known for its business and engineering programs. It has a multicultural, international student population and supportive French language-learning sessions.
- ESME-Sudria is mainly a private business and engineering school with campuses in multiple separate locations across France. It offers diplomas at a bachelor, master and doctorate level. Students at this school should be highly interested in telecommunication, electronics and computer engineering.