Study in Manila, Philippines
Study in Manila, PhilippinesDon’t be afraid of a crowd when you experience the pieced-together paradise of Manila, the Philippines central city for culture, government, economics and – well, just about everything else. The city is not just one of the oldest sites amongst the islands; it has the richest and longest history or higher education of anywhere in the Philippines.
Unlike other countries, which may refer to their higher education institutions as universities or colleges, within the Philippines, such schools are referred to as HEIs (higher education institutions) even though they are still considered colleges, universities and technical schools. Some institutions in the city are considered polytechnics, which are essential institutes focusing in technological studies. There are hundreds of public and private institutions in the nation, many of which reside in Manila. Several of the country’s oldest institutions find a well earned home in the city, and Manila is the central location for Filipino and international student pursuits alike.
Manila offers students a wide variety of cultural, athletic and culinary experiences. When students aren’t visiting the parks, forts, palaces, museums, churches and hundreds of other unforgettable sites, they can go swimming, diving or even take a rock climbing class. To unwind, students can visit any of the local bars, nightclubs, or live music venues while dining on traditional Filipino cuisine.
Other considerations for students hoping to study in Manila include:
- Majority of courses taught in Filipino and English.
- Some institutions are religiously affiliated.
- Bad criminal reputation.
Major Fields of Study in Manila
Manila is the center of educational achievement in the Philippines. As a result, students from within the nation, as well as across the world, come to Manila to study a wide range of topics. It is the cultural, industrial and intellectual giant of the Philippines, and this reflects in the amazing variety of its coursework.
There are only a few studies that seem to rise above others in Manila. These courses are offered at a majority of schools, and specialty institutes exist more commonly for these fields.
- Tourism and management
- Business and business administration
- Engineering and technology
Some education studies and medical studies or health science (nursing, medicine) also enjoy a higher popularity in Manila than in other areas of the Philippines. Since it is the center of research and education in Manila, it is not surprising that these studies have gained significant standing.
Schools of Manila
Students should research higher education institutes in the Manila area to discover the preferred institution of their choice. The following schools are some of the most well known universities in the area, with high academic ranking and enrollment rates.
- The University of the Philippines Manila is one of the oldest public universities in the Philippines. It has many essential programs in medicine and health sciences and head several leading city health and research facilities. It mainly offers bachelor degree programs with some graduate studies.
- De La Salle University is a private Roman Catholic institute, and one of the top-ranking schools in the Philippines. It is highly involved in many science research programs, especially regarding computer systems and energy. The school also offers graduate programs and religious activities.
- The University of the City of Manila is a public university with virtually no tuition charges for students. It has multiple faculties in diverse studies and footholds in many community support programs. It includes a program in English learning and is constantly expanding its curriculum.