Study International Teachers Programme, International Teachers Programme Schools
Here you can find schools to study International Teachers Programme. Choose where you would like to study International Teachers Programme:DenmarkEcuadorGermanyIndiaItalySpainThe United States
Originally a concept developed by Harvard Business School- the International Teachers Programme refers to a worldwide program promoting the sharing of ideas and education on business management strategies and practices. It is led by the ISBM (International Schools of Business Management) and brings together educators from all over the world. It aims to teach individuals about business management while promoting global communication.
This programme is very specific and is only offered by the ISBM. The International Teachers Programme (or ITP) caters to business teachers and professors only. While there are other international teaching programs, the ITP is a specific business-related teaching program only applicable to certain individuals. It is not a study abroad program, though it may be possible to attend the program in other cities or countries. It typically lasts several months and includes multiple projects.
The ITP course changes depending on several factors:
- Instructors leading the course.
- Country or area in which the program is held.
- Areas of focus for a specific group/workshop/session.
- Most prominent educational research of that year.
Skills, Qualifications, and Prerequisites for Studies in the International Teachers Programme
Since the ITP program is only offer by ISBM schools, there are only a few ways to enter the program itself.
- Enrolling as a student at an ISBM school. This will gain individuals access to the program. ISBM schools are located all over the world, especially in Europe (Germany, England, France, and Italy are a few countries possessing an ISBM institution).
- Employment as a business executive. The ITP program is available to many business employees, especially in higher management positions.
- Employment as a business educator. Professors and teachers attend ITP to gain new insight into teaching techniques and practices.
- Consultants or business development professional. These individuals may be self-employed, work from home, own private practices or work as freelance consultants.
Applicants to the program should love to teach and share their ideas. Communication and interpersonal skills are a must, as many sessions in the program include discussions and dialogues.
Skills and Qualifications Acquired from Studies in the International Teachers Programme
The ITP program is very specific. It does not instruct in general teaching skills or basic business practices. Its sole purpose is to educate individuals on new and dynamic ways to teach business and business management. Therefore, the types of skills ITP will offer typically include:
- Research and educational tools and sources.
- Recent educational research and theories.
- Essential and updated business terms, ideas and procedures required for success.
- Interactive learning techniques and styles.
- Various teaching methods, techniques and motivational tools.
- Understanding and analyzing of social, cultural and economic student factors.
- Adaptation of instruction according to audience (business executives vs. undergraduate students).
- Areas in need of business education (young students, new companies, etc.)
- Networking skills and professionalism.
ITP will also teach specific skill sets depending on the main business teaching aspect of a session (this can be anywhere from diversity awareness to stress management).
Careers for Studies in the International Teachers Programme
Individual enrolled in the International Teachers Programme should already be employed in an educational facility- either as a teacher, professor or educational specialist. They may also be corporate professionals that specialize in business development. This means ITP may not offer first-time employment, though it certainly has career advantage.
Individuals who undergo the ITP program are likely to receive promotions, either in educational institutions (increased salary or higher level education) or corporate environments (executive positions, consultants or business coordinators).